Chukwa >> mail # dev >> Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for Apr 2013 ([ppmc])

+
Alan Cabrera 2013-04-03, 04:29
+
Alan Cabrera 2013-04-04, 23:00
+
Eric Yang 2013-04-05, 05:06
+
ant elder 2013-04-05, 08:46
+
Alan Cabrera 2013-04-05, 14:00
+
Jukka Zitting 2013-04-05, 14:21
+
Eric Yang 2013-04-08, 05:59
+
ant elder 2013-04-08, 06:48
+
Alan Cabrera 2013-04-08, 15:27

On Apr 8, 2013, at 8:27 AM, Alan Cabrera <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Apr 7, 2013, at 11:48 PM, ant elder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> I don't think talking on the dev list about retirement is helpful, it will
>> discourage people from participating.
>
> I disagree.  Transparency is one of the hallmarks of the ASF.
>
>> There is no imminent threat of
>> retirement.
>
> Correct.
>
>> Poddlings can continue on in the Incubator as long as they need
>> so long as there are still mentors willing, I'm happy to continue as mentor
>> here for as long as needed, so so can Chukwa.
>
> I also am happy to let Chukwa incubate but would like to see concrete metrics that we all agree on as to what constitutes a viable project.
>
>> Lets talk about things in
>> terms of whats needed to graduate.
>

> Agreed.
>
> With that said, I will not sign off on the report until we include some passage that explicitly states that the community is concerned about the lack of activity and is taking measures to attempt to remedy the situation.

I've added these bits:

  1. Chukwa wiki is currently hosted in Hadoop subproject, it may be good to move it fully independent of Hadoop wiki.
  2. Overall activity is dwindling.  The podling needs to grow its active community.

Any issues that the Incubator PMC (IPMC) or ASF Board wish/need to be aware of?

  * The podling is still working on increasing community activity.  It's hoped that the addition of three new committers will help.

Feel free to voice your opinion if you disagree with these entries.
Regards,
Alan

+
Jukka Zitting 2013-04-09, 03:58