Hadoop >> mail # user >> why not hadoop backup name node data to local disk daily or hourly?

why not hadoop backup name node data to local disk daily or hourly?
Some reasons lead to my name node data error, but the error data also
overwrite the second name node data, also the NFS backup. I want to recover
the name node data a day ago or even a week ago,but I can't. I have to back
up name node data manually or write a bash script to backup it? why  hadoop
does not give a configure to   backup name node data to local disk daily or
 hourly with different time stamp name?

The same question is to HBase's .META. and -ROOT- table. I think it's
history storage is more important 100  times than the log history.

I think it could be implemented in Second Name Node/Check Points Node or
Back Node. Now I do this just using bash script.

Some one agree with me?
Best Regards,
Andy Zhou
+