Flume, mail # dev - Returns 127.0.0.1 at HostInterceptor

+
Denny Ye 2013-01-18, 09:33
+
Connor Woodson 2013-01-18, 09:39
+
Mike Percy 2013-01-18, 09:54
Re: Returns 127.0.0.1 at HostInterceptor
Denny Ye 2013-01-18, 09:59
The result of ' InetAddress.getLocalHost().getCanonicalHostName()' is
'localhost', what's your advice if I would like to distinguish the actual
IP of my several Flume servers?
2013/1/18 Mike Percy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Today, InetAddress.getLocalHost().getCanonicalHostName() is used if you
> pass useIP = false to the interceptor config.
>
> Regards,
> Mike
>

> On Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 1:39 AM, Connor Woodson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >wrote:
>
> > We could use InetAddress.getLocalHost().getCanonicalHostName() to get
> just
> > the IP, which I feel is good enough; a quick and dirty interceptor could
> be
> > built that substitutes certain names for their matching IP
> > ('SubstitutionInterceptor'?) which would then work well with any other
> > header-replacement needs someone would need.
> >
> > - Connor
> >

> > On Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 1:33 AM, Denny Ye <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > > hi all, HostInterceptor obtains loopback address if there hasn't
> > configure
> > > for local server at /etc/hosts. Can we change the acquire method for
> > local
> > > IP. Currently, we are using
> 'InetAddress.getLocalHost().getHostAddress()'

+
Denny Ye 2013-01-18, 10:27
+
Mike Percy 2013-01-18, 10:37