HDFS >> mail # user >> Question regarding datanode been wiped by hadoop

+
felix gao 2011-04-12, 14:46
+
Ayon Sinha 2011-04-12, 14:52
+
felix gao 2011-04-12, 15:02
+
felix gao 2011-04-12, 15:05
+
Ayon Sinha 2011-04-12, 15:11
+
Marcos Ortiz 2011-04-12, 16:13
+
Harsh J 2011-04-12, 16:17
+
felix gao 2011-04-12, 16:30
+
Matthew Foley 2011-04-12, 17:09
Re: Question regarding datanode been wiped by hadoop
One thing to consider.. If the node was down for a day all of its blocks could’ve been replicated to other datanodes.
When machine is brought back , these blocks become overreplicated and NameNode decides to delete them.
You should check the logs of both DataNode and Namenode to see if it could be the case.

Boris.