Hadoop >> mail # general >> [VOTE] Release hadoop-2.0.2-alpha

+
Arun C Murthy 2012-09-17, 02:19
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2012-09-17, 23:01
+
Eli Collins 2012-09-26, 21:15
+
Arun C Murthy 2012-09-26, 21:18
+
Siddharth Seth 2012-09-29, 22:34
+
Arun C Murthy 2012-10-02, 03:52
+
Arpit Gupta 2012-10-05, 17:16
+
Jason Lowe 2012-10-08, 18:21
+
Eli Collins 2012-10-08, 17:41
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2012-10-08, 22:33
+
Aaron T. Myers 2012-10-09, 01:11
+
Tom White 2012-10-08, 20:22
+
Robert Evans 2012-10-02, 13:50
+
Michael Lu 2012-10-02, 14:30
+
Robert Evans 2012-10-02, 16:04
+
Arun C Murthy 2012-10-09, 13:57
Re: [VOTE] Release hadoop-2.0.2-alpha

I verified this RC, based on my usual check-list:

 - Signatures and message digests are good.
 - The top level full LICENSE, NOTICE and README for both the source and binary artifacts are good
 - CHANGES.txt for common, hdfs, mapred and YARN are correctly located.
 - Able to build the tar.gzs out of the expanded source tar ball.

Testing: All testing on single node, unsecured, default mode. Built from the sources (not from the convenience binary artifacts)
  - Separate installation homes for *all* the sub-projects
  - Started HDFS daemons successfully
  - Successfully started YARN daemons - ResourceManager and NodeManager
  - Successfully started mapreduce history server.
  - Ran the distributed shell and the pi mapreduce example successfully

+1 for the latest RC.

Thanks,
+Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli
Hortonworks Inc.
http://hortonworks.com/

On Oct 1, 2012, at 8:52 PM, Arun C Murthy wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I've created another release candidate (RC2) for hadoop-2.0.2-alpha that I would like to release.
>
> The highlights of the release are several bug-fixes and stabilization of YARN/MapReduce; also includes significant enhancements to HDFS HA.
>
> The RC is available at: http://people.apache.org/~acmurthy/hadoop-2.0.2-alpha-rc2/
> The RC tag in svn is here: http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/hadoop/common/tags/release-2.0.2-alpha-rc2/

> thanks,
> Arun