Hadoop, mail # general - [VOTE] Release hadoop-2.0.2-alpha

Re: [VOTE] Release hadoop-2.0.2-alpha
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2012-10-09, 07:11

I verified this RC, based on my usual check-list:

 - Signatures and message digests are good.
 - The top level full LICENSE, NOTICE and README for both the source and binary artifacts are good
 - CHANGES.txt for common, hdfs, mapred and YARN are correctly located.
 - Able to build the tar.gzs out of the expanded source tar ball.

Testing: All testing on single node, unsecured, default mode. Built from the sources (not from the convenience binary artifacts)
  - Separate installation homes for *all* the sub-projects
  - Started HDFS daemons successfully
  - Successfully started YARN daemons - ResourceManager and NodeManager
  - Successfully started mapreduce history server.
  - Ran the distributed shell and the pi mapreduce example successfully

+1 for the latest RC.

Thanks,
+Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli
Hortonworks Inc.