Hive >> mail # user >> set mapred.map.tasks=1 not work

Re: set mapred.map.tasks=1 not work
set *hive.input.format=*org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.io.CombineHiveInputFormat;

and

set hive.merge.size.per.task=1000000;
set hive.merge.mapfiles=true;

seames all useless here, time token for execute 'select a, count(1) from t1
group by a' is almost the same.

Have I missed some other settings ?