Pig, mail # user - Pig 0.10.0-cdh4.1.1 uses its old JodaTime instead of my new JodaTime dependency in UDF

Pig 0.10.0-cdh4.1.1 uses its old JodaTime instead of my new JodaTime dependency in UDF
Ruslan Al-Fakikh 2013-01-20, 16:26
Hi guys,

I am having a JodaTime maven version issue.
I have a Java UDF in the form of a Maven project with this dependency:
<dependency>
<groupId>joda-time</groupId>
<artifactId>joda-time</artifactId>
<version>2.1</version>
</dependency>
Pig itself is dependent on JodaTime 1.6:
When my UDF uses a method that exists only in the new version I get an
error that this method doesn't exist, so I am pretty sure that the old
version of JodaTime is used. How can Pig pick up the old version? I am not
a perfect expert in Maven, but AFAIK the new version of JodaTime should be
compiled right into the jar, that contains the UDF. Even when I set the
JodaTime jar explicitly in my Pig script:
*REGISTER joda-time-2.1.jar*
*my UDF still uses the old version:(*

Thanks in advance