MapReduce >> mail # user >> dataDir in fileChannel gets increasing - flume 1.3

dataDir in fileChannel gets increasing - flume 1.3

Hi,
I am using fileChannel & AvroSink at the agent side & HBase sink at collector machines. I am able to get all the log events at the collector, then also the dataDir location for fileChannels at agent machine shows more than 300MB size. Could you please give some info how dataDir works & which parameters we need to set to optimize it?

Regards,
Deepak