Accumulo, mail # user - TServer decommissioning

+
Denis 2013-02-27, 05:17
Re: TServer decommissioning
Christopher 2013-02-27, 07:34
If you're not ingesting to anything hosted by that tserver, doing a
flush of the tables with tablets on that tserver (that info should be
available on the monitor page), should avoid long log recoveries.

You should be able to shut down a single tablet server with
"bin/stop-here.sh" or "bin/accumulo admin $host" ($host, as it appears
in the slaves file).

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii
On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 9:17 PM, Denis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Is there a safer way to put a tserver off than by the killing its process?
>
> I mean, something similar to decommissioning of HDFS data node, when
> master knows which nodes are going to be retired and slowly moves the
> files from them to other nodes.
>
> Well, the killing must be safe as well, but the following log recovery
> introduces few seconds or even minutes of data unavailability.
>
> Thanks.
+
Christopher 2013-02-27, 07:34