Hadoop >> mail # general >> [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 0.23.1-rc1

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 0.23.1-rc1
I checked this RC, based on my check-list:

 - Signatures and message digests all are good.
 - The top level full LICENSE, NOTICE and README for both the source and
binary artifacts are good
 - CHANGES.txt for common, hdfs and mapped are correctly located.
 - Able to build the tars out of the source tar ball.

Testing: All testing on single node, unsecured, default mode.
  - Started HDFS daemons successfully , created directories.
  - Successfully started YARN daemons - ResourceManager and NodeManager
  - Successfully started mapred history server.
  - Ran wordcount, pi, random writer, sort, grep and they all pass just
fine.

Even before the RC, been actively doing performance benchmarking and
testing on big clusters with this code. 0.23.1 clearly has much more
improvements compared to 0.23., even though it is still (the next level)
alpha.

With that, here's my +1 for the latest RC.

Thanks,
+Vinod