Zookeeper >> mail # dev >> Extracting Zab from Zookeeper and Request class

Re: Extracting Zab from Zookeeper and Request class
you will not use those fields in the atomic broadcast. you can look at
Leader.propose() and see that only the request.hdr and request.txn get
sent through the atomic broadcast.

when you separate zab from zookeeper and then integrate back in, you
should end up with something like this in
LeaderZooKeeper.setupRequestProcessors():

    @Override
    protected void setupRequestProcessors() {
        RequestProcessor finalProcessor = new FinalRequestProcessor(this);
        RequestProcessor toBeAppliedProcessor = new
Leader.ToBeAppliedRequestProcessor(
                finalProcessor, getLeader().toBeApplied);
        zabProcessor = new ZabProcessor(toBeAppliedProcessor);
        zabProcessor.start();
        firstProcessor = new PrepRequestProcessor(this, zablProcessor);
        ((PrepRequestProcessor)firstProcessor).start();
    }

where ZabProcessor is a new request processor you write that uses the
Zab implementation.

ben