HBase >> mail # user >> column count guidelines

+
Michael Ellery 2013-02-07, 23:47
+
Ted Yu 2013-02-08, 00:34
+
Michael Ellery 2013-02-08, 01:02
+
Ted Yu 2013-02-08, 01:09
+
Michael Ellery 2013-02-08, 04:34
Re: column count guidelines
My recommendation is to keep updated with the last HBase release, and
wait for 0.96, which it
has a lot of improvements almost in every area. I talked about this in a
blog post.[1]

I think in your use-case, Coprocessors can be very helpful, although in
Lars's "HBase: The Definitive Guide" book,
he explained in Chapter 4 how to use Counters and Coprocessors. You
should read it.

A great introduction to Coprocessors was posted in HBase's blog, [2] and
a great example of HBase performance tuning, including Coprocessors's
use, was
posted by Hari Kumar from Ericsson Research on its Data and Knowledge
blog.[3]

Best wishes

[1] http://marcosluis2186.posterous.com/some-upcoming-features-in-hbase-096
[2] https://blogs.apache.org/hbase/entry/coprocessor_introduction
[3] http://labs.ericsson.com/blog/hbase-performance-tuners

--
Marcos Ortiz Valmaseda,
Product Manager && Data Scientist at UCI