Drill, mail # dev - Implementing the Query resource

Re: Implementing the Query resource
Srihari Srinivasan 2013-08-01, 13:02
Jacques,

I made some progress on this today. I have a generic DrillbitService class
which is part of the exec module. This is implemented by HttpEngine. For
the cp scanning bit I was hoping we could use DrillbitConfig itself. I want
to do something like -

*

*

*       config.getInstanceOf("drill.exec.http.implementation",
DrillbitService.class); // The key "**drill.exec.http.implementation" is
mapped to the actual class*

I think this should work as long as the class is found in the cp. But in
the build order http-engine gets built after java-exec and hence I get a
ClassNotFound while running the tests. The compile time issue is gone but
the runtime issue is still there. Any ideas on how to workaround this?

*
*Hari