HBase >> mail # user >> hbase.hregion.majorcompaction not taking effect.

hbase.hregion.majorcompaction not taking effect.
Hi,

For disabling auto major compaction, I configured
hbase.hregion.majorcompaction = 0 in the config file and restarted the
cluster. In spite of this, major compaction continues to run everyday. Here
is the config I set:

<property>
<name>hbase.hregion.majorcompaction</name>
<value>0</value>
</property>

What other way can I disable auto major compaction? I expected this config
to work. What am I doing wrong here?

I'm using 0.92.2 and the environment is as follows: Linux <hostname>
2.6.21.7-2.fc8xen-ec2-v1.0 #1 SMP Tue Sep 1 10:25:30 EDT 2009 x86_64 x86_64
x86_64 GNU/Linux
Fedora release 8 (Werewolf)

Please advice. Thanks a lot.

Regards,