Zookeeper, mail # user - Best way to update node using command line

+
Nathan Findley 2013-03-22, 11:17
+
Nathan Findley 2013-03-25, 03:48
+
Alexander Shraer 2013-03-25, 06:11
Re: Best way to update node using command line
Nathan Findley 2013-03-25, 06:22
On 03/25/2013 03:11 PM, Alexander Shraer wrote:
> Hi Nate,
>
> You can use ZooKeeper CLI.
>
>> bin/zkCli.sh -server <host:port>
> starts the CLI in interactive mode but if you do
>
>> bin/zkCli.sh -server <host:port> command args
> It will just run that one command. There is also a similar way of
> doing it with the C cli.
>
> The code for the java CLI is in ZooKeeperMain.java.
>
> Alex
>
> On Sun, Mar 24, 2013 at 8:48 PM, Nathan Findley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> On 03/22/2013 08:17 PM, Nathan Findley wrote:
>>> Could somebody suggest a simple way to alter a data node via the command
>>> line? I would prefer to use the default utilities that come with the
>>> download made available by apache.org. The only requirement is that I need
>>> to be able to specify newlines in the node's data.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Nate
>>>
>> Is this a poorly phrased question or am I missing something that is obvious?
>>
>> --
>> CTO
>> Zenlok株式会社

Alex,

Just to illustrate my ignorance, when using zkCli.sh I am trying to add
a newline to the data:

[zk: localhost:2181(CONNECTED) 21] set /configs/collection1/nate test me
\n here
Command failed: java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "me"
[zk: localhost:2181(CONNECTED) 22]

I am doing this because I am using zookeeper + solr 4, which writes to a
data properties file inside zookeeper that I would like to edit, but has
more than one line.

Regards,
Nate

--