Hadoop, mail # user - Issue:  Namenode is in safe mode

Re: Issue: Namenode is in safe mode
Nitin Pawar 2013-03-06, 10:00
what is your replication factor?
when you removed node A as datanode .. did you first mark it for
retirement? if you just removed it from service then the blocks from that
datanode are missing and namenode when starts up it checks for the blocks.
Unless it reaches its threshold value it will not let you write any more
data on your hdfs.

I will suggest to start datanode on A, then mark it for retirement so
namenode will move the blocks to new datanode and once it is done namenode
will retire that datanode.

--
Nitin Pawar