Hadoop >> mail # dev >> Which branch for my patch?

Re: Which branch for my patch?
Niels,

I think that the branch you put it on depends mostly on where you and others what to see this feature (splittable Gzip) go in.  At a minimum you should target trunk.  If you want to see it go into 1.* then you probably also want to port it to that line (branch-1).  Once they are in porting it to other branches should be fairly simple and really depends on where you and others want to use your feature.

--Bobby Evans