MapReduce, mail # user - why is num of map tasks gets overridden?

Re: why is num of map tasks gets overridden?
Bertrand Dechoux 2012-08-22, 06:23
3) Similarly to 2, you could consider multithreading. So in each physical
node you would only to have the equivalent in memory of what is required
for a map while having the processing power of many. But it will depend on
your context ie how you are using the memory.

But 1) is really the key indeed : <number of slots per physical node> *
<maximum memory per slot> shouldn't be superior to what is available in
your physical node.

Regards

Bertrand

--