MapReduce >> mail # user >> Re: HW infrastructure for Hadoop

+
MARCOS MEDRADO RUBINELLI 2013-04-16, 10:27
+
Bejoy Ks 2013-04-16, 11:20
Re: HW infrastructure for Hadoop
+1 for Hadoop operations.
There is one document from Hortonworks that explain hadoop cluster
infrastructure. That doc is a brand specific. But after referring the
hadoop operations, we can refer this doc to get a clear overview.
On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 4:50 PM, Bejoy Ks <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> +1 for "Hadoop Operations"
>

> On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 3:57 PM, MARCOS MEDRADO RUBINELLI <
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>>  Tadas,
>>
>> "Hadoop Operations" has pretty useful, up-to-date information. The
>> chapter on hardware selection is available here:
>> http://my.safaribooksonline.com/book/databases/hadoop/9781449327279/4dot-planning-a-hadoop-cluster/id2760689
>>
>> Regards,
>> Marcos
>>
>> Em 16-04-2013 07:13, Tadas Makčinskas escreveu:
>>
>>  We are thinking to distribute like 50 node cluster. And trying to
>> figure out what would be a good HW infrastructure (Disks – I/O‘s, RAM,
>> CPUs, network). I cannot actually come around any examples that people ran
>> and found it working well and cost effectively. ****
>>
>> ** **
>>
>> If anybody could share their best considered infrastructure. Would be a
>> tremendous help not trying to figure it out on our own.****
>>
>> ** **
>>
>> Regards, Tadas****
>>
>> ** **