Hadoop, mail # user - Chukwa - Lightweight agents

+
Mark 2011-03-20, 15:43
+
Ted Dunning 2011-03-20, 16:49
+
Mark 2011-03-20, 16:59
Re: Chukwa - Lightweight agents
Ted Dunning 2011-03-20, 17:03
OpenTSDB is purely a monitoring solution which is the primary mission of
chukwa.

If you are looking for data import, what about Flume?

On Sun, Mar 20, 2011 at 9:59 AM, Mark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  Thanks but we need Chukwa to aggregate and store files from across our app
> servers into Hadoop. Doesn't really look like opentsdb is meant for that. I
> could be wrong though?
>

> On 3/20/11 9:49 AM, Ted Dunning wrote:
>
> Take a look at openTsDb at http://opentsdb.net/
>
>  It provides lots of the capability in a MUCH simpler package.
>
> On Sun, Mar 20, 2011 at 8:43 AM, Mark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Sorry but it doesn't look like Chukwa mailing list exists anymore?
>>
>> Is there an easy way to set up lightweight agents on cluster of machines
>> instead of downloading the full Chukwa source (+50mb)?
>>
>> Has anyone build separate RPM's for the agents/collectors?
>>
>> Thanks

+
Mark 2011-03-20, 17:12
+