HBase, mail # dev - [VOTE] The 1st hbase-0.96.0 release candidate is available for download

Re: [VOTE] The 1st hbase-0.96.0 release candidate is available for download
Stack 2013-09-09, 21:24
On Mon, Sep 9, 2013 at 1:45 PM, Jonathan Hsieh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I've filed https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-9477 as a
> blocker and should get to it today or tomorrow.
>
> Seems like ycsb and hive depend on these calls quite a bit.
>
> Some of the hive guys also said that the removal of Writable from
> Result/Get/Put resulting in some annoying work to reinterpret those in hive
> jobs.  It was suggested that we restore those methods but have them
> interpret the protobuf format instead of the old writable format.

You mean add back the following:

public void readFields(final DataInput in);
public void write(final DataOutput out);

St.Ack