Kafka >> mail # dev >> EasyMock?

What has people's experience with EasyMock been?

I am really struggling with it. It seems to encourage reaching inside
classes and programming an explicit list of calls they will make. This
makes the tests very fragile to internal changes.

It also doesn't seem to play all that well with scala due to all the
reflection.

I was originally a big fan since it got us away from massive
non-deterministic integration tests.

But I wonder if we wouldn't be better off just writing simple hand-made
mocks for major classes or increasing the quality of our test harnesses to
do integration testing...?

Thoughts?

-Jay