----- Mensaje original -----
De: "Aaron Kimball" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Para: [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Enviados: Viernes, 11 de Marzo 2011 16:58:52 (GMT-0500) Auto-Detected
Asunto: SF Hadoop Meetup - March review and April announcement (April 13)

Hadoop fans,

This week we had a great SF Hadoop meetup hosted by Yelp. As usual, we used
an unconference format to construct agenda topics, and broke out into
separate discussion groups. About 75 people attended, and we had a dozen
great discussions; some were business-focused, others very technical, and
some highly theoretical:

* Learning thrift
* Cluster capacity planning
* Selling Hadoop to your organization
* Alternate JVM languages and Hadoop
* Schema / metadata management
* Integration and Migration: Data warehousing, BI, and Hadoop
* Abstract game theory problems and massive data sets
* Hadoop monitoring / management best practices
* "Oinkers anonymous"; for Pig users
* Yahoo S4 and Cloudera Flume
* Configuration tuning and performance
* Production-level workflow tools

Notes for some topics will be available at our meetup site at
http://meetup.com/hadoopsf

If you haven't yet come to one of our meetups, please consider trying it out
next month! We need your voice to help contribute to the discussions. All
members of the Hadoop community, novice or experienced, are welcome.

Next month's meetup will be held Wednesday, April 13, from 6pm to 8pm. The
meetup will be hosted by our friends at Twitter. Their office is at 795
Folsom St. (4th and Folsom)

We will use the discussion-based "unconference" format. At the beginning of
the meetup we will collaboratively construct an agenda consisting of several
discussion breakout groups. All participants may propose a topic and
volunteer to facilitate a discussion. All Hadoop-related topics are
encouraged, and all members of the Hadoop community are welcome.

Please RSVP at http://bit.ly/gkIvqH

Event schedule:
* 6pm - Welcome
* 6:30pm - Introductions; start creating agenda
* Breakout sessions begin as soon as we're ready
* 8pm - Conclusion

Regards,
- Aaron Kimball

--