Home | About | Sematext search-lucene.com search-hadoop.com
 Search Hadoop and all its subprojects:

Switch to Threaded View
Zookeeper, mail # user - Weird error from Kafka cluster


Copy link to this message
-
RE: Weird error from Kafka cluster
FPJ 2013-10-11, 09:32
Hi there,

I skimmed through this message and I'm not sure how this problem is related to ZK. Could you please explain why you think it is ZK giving you a problem with your Kafka cluster?

Thanks,
-Flavio

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Yi Jiang [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
> Sent: 11 October 2013 05:48
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Weird error from Kafka cluster
>
> Hi, I want to setup a kafka cluster in EC2, but I am experiencing some weird
> errors.
>
> The scenario is:
>
> I have a 5 nodes cluster and zookeeper, storm running without any problem.
> when I manually boot each node of kafka by using "JMX_PORT=9997
> bin/kafka-server-start.sh config/server-x.properties &" command.
>
> First node, it can be booted.
>
> Once I boot the second node, the first node is crashed, the error is below:
>
>
>
> [2013-10-11 04:02:17,200] INFO [Replica Manager on Broker 0]: Handling
> LeaderAndIsr request
> Name:LeaderAndIsrRequest;Version:0;Controller:0;ControllerEpoch:30416;C
> orrelationId:5;ClientId:id_0-host_null-port_9092;PartitionState:(test-kafka,0)
> ->
> (LeaderAndIsrInfo:(Leader:1,ISR:1,LeaderEpoch:90,ControllerEpoch:30411),R
> eplicationFactor:1),AllReplicas:1);Leaders:id:1,host:localhost,port:9092
> (kafka.server.ReplicaManager)
>
> [2013-10-11 04:02:17,204] WARN No previously checkpointed highwatermark
> value found for topic test-kafka partition 0. Returning 0 as the highwatermark
> (kafka.server.HighwaterMarkCheckpoint)
>
> [2013-10-11 04:02:17,205] INFO [ReplicaFetcherManager on broker 0]
> Removing fetcher for partition [test-kafka,0]
> (kafka.server.ReplicaFetcherManager)
>
> [2013-10-11 04:02:17,214] INFO [Kafka Log on Broker 0], Truncated log
> segment /tmp/kafka-logs/test-kafka-0/00000000000000000000.log to target
> offset 0 (kafka.log.Log)
>
> [2013-10-11 04:02:17,235] INFO [ReplicaFetcherManager on broker 0] Adding
> fetcher for partition [test-kafka,0], initOffset 0 to broker 1 with fetcherId 0
> (kafka.server.ReplicaFetcherManager)
>
> [2013-10-11 04:02:17,236] INFO [Replica Manager on Broker 0]: Handled
> leader and isr request
> Name:LeaderAndIsrRequest;Version:0;Controller:0;ControllerEpoch:30416;C
> orrelationId:5;ClientId:id_0-host_null-port_9092;PartitionState:(test-kafka,0)
> ->
> (LeaderAndIsrInfo:(Leader:1,ISR:1,LeaderEpoch:90,ControllerEpoch:30411),R
> eplicationFactor:1),AllReplicas:1);Leaders:id:1,host:localhost,port:9092
> (kafka.server.ReplicaManager)
>
> [2013-10-11 04:02:17,240] INFO [ReplicaFetcherThread-0-1], Starting
> (kafka.server.ReplicaFetcherThread)
>
> [2013-10-11 04:02:17,266] INFO [Replica Manager on Broker 0]: Handling
> LeaderAndIsr request
> Name:LeaderAndIsrRequest;Version:0;Controller:0;ControllerEpoch:30416;C
> orrelationId:6;ClientId:id_0-host_null-port_9092;PartitionState:(test-kafka,0)
> ->
> (LeaderAndIsrInfo:(Leader:1,ISR:1,LeaderEpoch:91,ControllerEpoch:30416),R
> eplicationFactor:1),AllReplicas:1);Leaders:id:1,host:localhost,port:9092
> (kafka.server.ReplicaManager)
>
> [2013-10-11 04:02:17,267] INFO [ReplicaFetcherManager on broker 0]
> Removing fetcher for partition [test-kafka,0]
> (kafka.server.ReplicaFetcherManager)
>
> [2013-10-11 04:02:17,268] INFO [Kafka Log on Broker 0], Truncated log
> segment /tmp/kafka-logs/test-kafka-0/00000000000000000000.log to target
> offset 0 (kafka.log.Log)
>
> [2013-10-11 04:02:17,268] INFO [ReplicaFetcherManager on broker 0] Adding
> fetcher for partition [test-kafka,0], initOffset 0 to broker 1 with fetcherId 0
> (kafka.server.ReplicaFetcherManager)
>
> [2013-10-11 04:02:17,269] INFO [Replica Manager on Broker 0]: Handled
> leader and isr request
> Name:LeaderAndIsrRequest;Version:0;Controller:0;ControllerEpoch:30416;C
> orrelationId:6;ClientId:id_0-host_null-port_9092;PartitionState:(test-kafka,0)
> ->
> (LeaderAndIsrInfo:(Leader:1,ISR:1,LeaderEpoch:91,ControllerEpoch:30416),R
> eplicationFactor:1),AllReplicas:1);Leaders:id:1,host:localhost,port:9092
> (kafka.server.ReplicaManager)
>
> [2013-10-11 04:02:17,269] ERROR [Kafka Request Handler 0 on Broker 0],