Hadoop >> mail # user >> How to make Hadoop listen on multiple network interfaces ?

Re: How to make Hadoop listen on multiple network interfaces ?
Hadoop uses DNS lookup to associate IP with hostname.

It would be better if you follow the rack concept and have a ToR (Top of
Rack) switch which allows for port bonding.

See HBASE-2502 also.