HDFS >> mail # user >> What are the best practices to start Hadoop MR jobs?

What are the best practices to start Hadoop MR jobs?
Hi all!

What are the best practices to start MR jobs?
Curently I start my jobs by cron.
Also I start jobs by internal timer from my java application (which is
similar starting by cron)

What are other approaches to start MR jobs?
Perhaps, some best practices apply here?

--
Best regards,
Ivan