Zookeeper, mail # user - Zookeeper on Windows

+
Anurag Gujral 2013-07-01, 20:56
+
Flavio Junqueira 2013-07-01, 21:59
+
Camille Fournier 2013-07-01, 22:24
+
Anurag Gujral 2013-07-01, 23:49
+
Camille Fournier 2013-07-01, 23:53
+
Patrick Hunt 2013-07-02, 00:01
Re: Zookeeper on Windows
Anurag Gujral 2013-07-02, 00:20
Thanks everyone for the responses. What I get from above is that zookeeper
server works on windows and so does the java windows client but status of
windows C client is unknown, I can compile and check for myself if C client
works on windows.
Thanks
Anurag
On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 5:01 PM, Patrick Hunt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> What it's meant in the past is that no one was willing to step up and
> say they were using it in production and that it worked. :-)
>
> Patrick
>
> On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 4:53 PM, Camille Fournier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > I don't know what "windows is not production ready" even means. ZooKeeper
> > Java on windows is no big deal, it's as production-ready as any other
> Java
> > version. We did some work to get the C clients compiling in Visual
> Studio a
> > couple years ago but the windows test build has been broken for a while
> so
> > that might require some work to get running.
> > As far as running ZooKeeper the server, most people run it on linux. I've
> > run it in Windows for testing but not production.

> > On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 7:49 PM, Anurag Gujral <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Camille,
> >>                  I am sorry I was not clear in my  email earlier, I am
> >> talking about both java and C windows clients, I read the note on
> zookeeper
> >> wiki that windows is not yet production ready , does it means that
> >> zookeeper window server is not production ready or zookeeper windows
> client
> >> is not production ready or both.Can you give names of some companies
> which
> >> are successfully using both java and C windows clients for zookeeper
> with
> >> either windows machines as zookeeper server or a linux machine as
> zookeeper
> >> server.
> >> Thanks
> >> Anurag

> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

> aware
> >> of

> >> Please
> zookeeper
> >> in

> >> share
> some

+
Patrick Hunt 2013-07-02, 00:39
+
Flavio Junqueira 2013-09-07, 10:48
+
Sznajder ForMailingList 2013-07-16, 15:28
+
Flavio Junqueira 2013-07-16, 16:17