Pig, mail # user - ClassNotFoundException when loading a hbase table in mapreduce mode

Re: ClassNotFoundException when loading a hbase table in mapreduce mode
Jinyuan Zhou 2012-11-25, 07:39
Thanks Cheolsoo,
I figured I need to put a lot of hbase jars or jars hbase depend on
 through -D option. Instead, I  put all the hbase lib's jar  to
HADOOP_CLASSPATH. It worked. I got the idea from this page.
http://mikaelsitruk.wordpress.com/2011/09/15/pig-and-hbase-integration/.  I
had trouble to follow exact steps. But I put the following at the end of
hadoop-env.sh to make hadoop aware of hbase:
*HBASE_JARS=*
*for f in $HBASE_HOME/lib/*.jar; do*
*    HBASE_JARS=${HBASE_JARS}:$f;*
*done*
*export HADOOP_CLASSPATH=$HBASE_JARS:$HADOOP_CLASSPATH*

Regards,
Jack

--
-- Jinyuan (Jack) Zhou