Flume, mail # user - Unable to deliver event. Exception follows. java.lang.NullPointerException

Re: Unable to deliver event. Exception follows. java.lang.NullPointerException
George Pang 2013-10-30, 01:50
Hi Brock,

The morphline comand addValue looks like the one I need, but how can I add
the event head key-value pair?

Thank you,

George
On Tue, Oct 29, 2013 at 1:02 PM, George Pang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Brock,
>
> Yes, I think morphline interceptor should be something I am looking for. I
> am studying it now.
>
> Thank you,
>
> George
>

> On Tue, Oct 29, 2013 at 12:56 PM, Brock Noland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> In a very simple demo you could use the static interceptor:
>> http://flume.apache.org/FlumeUserGuide.html#static-interceptor
>>
>> but you probably want to use morphlines interceptor a custom interceptor:
>> http://flume.apache.org/FlumeUserGuide.html#morphline-interceptor
>>

>> On Tue, Oct 29, 2013 at 2:52 PM, Hari Shreedharan <
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>>> Nope. You need to insert it at some other location.
>>>

>>> Thanks,
>>> Hari
>>>
>>> On Tuesday, October 29, 2013 at 12:48 PM, George Pang wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Hari,
>>>
>>> Is it (inserting a rowKey header into event) something I can do in
>>> flume.conf? I tried to do that but I am new to flume.
>>>
>>> Thank you,
>>>
>>> George
>>>

>>> On Tue, Oct 29, 2013 at 12:40 PM, Hari Shreedharan <
>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>>
>>>  Did you insert a rowKey header into the event? If the header is not
>>> there, you are obviously going to get null returned from
>>> currentEvent.getHeaders().get(“rowKey”). You need to insder the header into
>>> the event at some point.
>>>

>>> Thanks,
>>> Hari
>>>
>>> On Tuesday, October 29, 2013 at 12:30 PM, George Pang wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Ashish,
>>>
>>> Actually it starts with headers. In the example code has "  String
>>> rowKeyStr = currentEvent.getHeaders().get("rowKey");" but there is no such
>>> header found. If I get rid of this line, the rest will complain unable to
>>> deliver event. But I checked the event, it's not null.
>>>
>>> I am trying to use flume to save to hbase, and use the example
>>> http://blog.cloudera.com/blog/2012/11/streaming-data-into-apache-hbase-using-apache-flume/for customized serializer.
>>>
>>> flume.conf:
>>>
>>> logger-agent.sources = Syslog-UDP
>>> logger-agent.sinks = Syslog-HBase
>>> logger-agent.channels = Syslog-HBase-Channel
>>>
>>> logger-agent.sources.Syslog-UDP.channels = Syslog-HBase-Channel
>>> logger-agent.sinks.Syslog-HBase.channel = Syslog-HBase-Channel
>>>
>>> logger-agent.sources.Syslog-UDP.type = syslogudp
>>> logger-agent.sources.Syslog-UDP.port = 5140
>>> logger-agent.sources.Syslog-UDP.host = localhost
>>>
>>> logger-agent.sinks.Syslog-HBase.type = org.apache.flume.sink.hbase.
>>> AsyncHBaseSink
>>> logger-agent.sinks.Syslog-HBase.table = syslog2
>>> logger-agent.sinks.Syslog-HBase.columnFamily = cluster
>>> logger-agent.sinks.Syslog-HBase.serializer.payloadColumn = dev
>>> logger-agent.sinks.Syslog-HBase.serializer.incrementColumn = icol
>>> logger-agent.sinks.Syslog-HBase.serializer.columns >>> forum,inbound,outbound
>>> logger-agent.sinks.Syslog-HBase.batchSize = 5000