Zookeeper, mail # dev - what happen in case of zxid overflow?

Re: what happen in case of zxid overflow?
Mahadev Konar 2011-10-14, 05:32
Alex,
 The zxid is a long and the likelihood of it overflowing is pretty
low. The cversion though is an int. I think we had a jira to upgrade
to long, but its not been fixed yet. Though being an int is not that
terrible since you'd have to add/delete billion children to get it to
overflow, which probably is highly unlikely.

About leader election its probably much more detailed than just the
id. You can find more details in :

http://research.yahoo.com/files/ZooKeeper.pdf

thanks
mahadev