Hive >> mail # user >> Timestamp, Epoch Time, Functions and other Frustrations

Re: Timestamp, Epoch Time, Functions and other Frustrations
One more test:

to_utc_timestamp(from_unixtime(value), 'CST') as to_from, provided the
proper timestamp for me, however, I still had to provide the timezone which
I should NOT have to do. I know that this data coming in is in epoch time,
therefore I should be able to create a timezone without knowing a timezone
or timezone offset.