Flume >> mail # user >> Unable to deliver event. Exception follows. java.lang.NullPointerException

+
George Pang 2013-10-29, 09:20
+
Ashish 2013-10-29, 09:29
Re: Unable to deliver event. Exception follows. java.lang.NullPointerException
Hi Ashish,

Actually it starts with headers. In the example code has "  String
rowKeyStr = currentEvent.getHeaders().get("rowKey");" but there is no such
header found. If I get rid of this line, the rest will complain unable to
deliver event. But I checked the event, it's not null.

I am trying to use flume to save to hbase, and use the example
http://blog.cloudera.com/blog/2012/11/streaming-data-into-apache-hbase-using-apache-flume/for
customized serializer.

flume.conf:

logger-agent.sources = Syslog-UDP
logger-agent.sinks = Syslog-HBase
logger-agent.channels = Syslog-HBase-Channel

logger-agent.sources.Syslog-UDP.channels = Syslog-HBase-Channel
logger-agent.sinks.Syslog-HBase.channel = Syslog-HBase-Channel

logger-agent.sources.Syslog-UDP.type = syslogudp
logger-agent.sources.Syslog-UDP.port = 5140
logger-agent.sources.Syslog-UDP.host = localhost

logger-agent.sinks.Syslog-HBase.type = org.apache.flume.sink.hbase.
AsyncHBaseSink
logger-agent.sinks.Syslog-HBase.table = syslog2
logger-agent.sinks.Syslog-HBase.columnFamily = cluster
logger-agent.sinks.Syslog-HBase.serializer.payloadColumn = dev
logger-agent.sinks.Syslog-HBase.serializer.incrementColumn = icol
logger-agent.sinks.Syslog-HBase.serializer.columns = forum,inbound,outbound
logger-agent.sinks.Syslog-HBase.batchSize = 5000
logger-agent.sinks.Syslog-HBase.serializer = org.apache.flume.sink.hbase.
SimpleAsyncHbaseEventSerializer

logger-agent.channels.Syslog-HBase-Channel.type = memory
Flume version: 1.4

org.apache.flume.FlumeException: No row key found in headers!
    at com.ib.SplittingSerializer.setEvent(SplittingSerializer.java:43)
    at
org.apache.flume.sink.hbase.AsyncHBaseSink.process(AsyncHBaseSink.java:184)
    at
org.apache.flume.sink.DefaultSinkProcessor.process(DefaultSinkProcessor.java:68)
    at org.apache.flume.SinkRunner$PollingRunner.run(SinkRunner.java:147)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

Thank you,

George

On Tue, Oct 29, 2013 at 2:29 AM, Ashish <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> George,
>
> Can you share more details about what you are trying to achieve? If
> possible, please share Flume version, Agent configuration and exception
> stacktrace.
> You may also look at HBase Sink for more info
> http://flume.apache.org/FlumeUserGuide.html#hbasesinks
>

> On Tue, Oct 29, 2013 at 2:50 PM, George Pang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> I use the serializer example in this blog post:
>> http://blog.cloudera.com/blog/2012/11/streaming-data-into-apache-hbase-using-apache-flume/
>>
>> but got "Unable to deliver event. Exception follows.
>> java.lang.NullPointerException". From looking it up in forums, I think it
>> may be caused by empty header. If so, how is a timestamp header is added?
>> if not what cause the event undelivery to happen?
>>
>> Thank you,
>>
>> George
>>

> --
> thanks