MapReduce >> mail # user >> About Windows Installer

+
Mayur Patil 2013-03-02, 10:45
Re: About Windows Installer
Hi,

By default there is no msi or exe installer.

However Windows support for Hadoop has improved.

https://www.hadooponazure.com/

The above link might be of interest to you.

Regards,

Jagat Singh

On Sat, Mar 2, 2013 at 9:45 PM, Mayur Patil <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Hello,
>
>      I have noticed there is each platform specific installer of hadoop.
>
>      For example,
>      hadoop-1.0.x-i386.deb & hadoop-1.0.x-x86_64.deb which works fine on
> the Ubuntu and other debian based distros
>      even on server version.
>      Likewise,
>      hadoop-1.0.x-i386.rpm & hadoop-1.0.x-x86_64.rpm which works fine on
> the RPM based
>      lly, even on server version.
>
>      So ,there is not any .exe or .msi installer [?]
>
>      As per my liitle reading on websites, there are methods to install by
> preconfiguring
>
>      package openssh and cygwin but I find it bit messy (not configurable
> easily even after 3-4 reboot).
>
>      So is there any technique how to run Hadoop on WIndows??
>
>      Thank you !!
> --
> *Cheers,
> Mayur*.