MapReduce >> mail # user >> Re: Why/When partitioner is used.

Re: Why/When partitioner is used.
I always get confused why we should partition and what is the use of it.
Why would one want to send all the keys starting with A to Reducer1 and B to R2 and so on...
Is it just to parallelize the reduce process.
Please help.
Thanks
Sai
+