From:  "AMARNATH, Balachandar"<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>;
Date:  Tue, Mar 5, 2013 07:55 PM
To:  "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>;

Subject:  RE: Hadoop cluster setup - could not see second datanode
I fixed it the below issue J

Regards

Bala

From: AMARNATH, Balachandar [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 05 March 2013 17:05
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Thanks for the information,

Now I am trying to install hadoop dfs using 2 nodes. A namenode cum datanode, and a separate data node. I use the following configuration for my hdfs-site.xml

<configuration>

  <property>

    <name>fs.default.name</name>

    <value>localhost:9000</value>

  </property>

  <property>

    <name>dfs.data.dir</name>

    <value>/home/bala/data</value>

  </property>

  <property>

    <name>dfs.name.dir</name>

    <value>/home/bala/name</value>

  </property>

</configuration>

In namenode, I have added the datanode hostnames (machine1 and machine2).

When I do ‘start-all.sh’, I see the log that the data node is starting in both the machines but I went to the browser in the namenode, I see only one live node. (That is the namenode which is configured as datanode)

Any hint here will help me

With regards

Bala