MapReduce, mail # user - Extra start-up overhead with hadoop-2.1.0-beta

+
Krishna Kishore Bonagiri 2013-07-25, 15:08
Re: Extra start-up overhead with hadoop-2.1.0-beta
Krishna Kishore Bonagiri 2013-08-01, 09:19
Hi,
  Please share with me if you anyone has an answer or clues to my question
regarding the start up performance.

Also, one more thing I have observed today is the time taken to run a
command on a container went up by more than a second in this latest version.

When using 2.0.4-alpha, it used to take 0.3 to 0.5 seconds from the point I
call startContainer() to the  point the command is started on the container.

where as

When using 2.1.0-beta, it is taking around 1.5 seconds from the point it
came to the call back onContainerStarted() to the point the command is seen
started running on the container.

Thanks,
Kishore
On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 8:38 PM, Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>   I have been using the hadoop-2.0.1-beta release candidate and observed
> that it is slower in running my simple application that runs on 2
> containers. I have tried to find out which parts of it is really having
> this extra overhead(compared to hadoop-2.0.4-alpha), and here is what I
> found that.
>
> 1) From the point my Client has submitted the Application Master to RM, it
> is taking 2  seconds extra
> 2) From the point my container request are set up by Application Master,
> till the containers are allocated, it is taking 2 seconds extra
>
> Is this overhead expected with the changes that went into the new version?
> Or is there to improve it by changing something in configurations or so?
>
> Thanks,
> Kishore

+
Omkar Joshi 2013-08-01, 17:50
+
Krishna Kishore Bonagiri 2013-08-02, 13:52
+
Krishna Kishore Bonagiri 2013-08-07, 15:03
+
Krishna Kishore Bonagiri 2013-08-07, 17:53