Zookeeper, mail # dev - Zookeeper consistency

Zookeeper consistency
Yasin Celik 2013-02-28, 23:35
Hello everyone,

>From the zookeeper website I understand that zookeeper does not provide
strict consistency in every instance in time. (
http://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/trunk/zookeeperProgrammers.html#ch_zkGuarantees
)
Have ever anyone considered to make zookeeper strictly consistent at
anytime. What I mean is that any time a value is updated in zookeeper, any
client that retrieves the value from any follower should get consistent
result. Is it feasible to improve the zookeeper core so that zookeeper
delivers strict consistency not the eventual consistency?

Best

Yasin
+
Vladimir Vivien 2013-02-28, 23:49