Hadoop >> mail # user >> Re: Replication Factor Modification

+
Bejoy Ks 2012-09-05, 18:38
+
Harsh J 2012-09-05, 18:17
+
Uma Maheswara Rao G 2012-09-05, 18:16
Re: Replication Factor Modification
Hi

You can change the replication factor of an existing directory using
'-setrep'

http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/r0.20.0/hdfs_shell.html#setrep

The below command will recursively set the replication factor to 1 for all
files within the given directory '/user'
hadoop fs -setrep -w 1 -R /user