HBase >> mail # dev >> Heads-up! Branching 0.96 (actually 0.95) this weekend

+
Stack 2013-02-22, 20:10
+
Elliott Clark 2013-02-22, 20:25
+
Stack 2013-02-23, 00:29
+
Elliott Clark 2013-02-23, 02:25
+
Stack 2013-02-23, 06:34
+
Stack 2013-02-26, 06:42
Re: Heads-up! Branching 0.96 (actually 0.95) this weekend
Hi,

To understand: we will have another branch? So trunk will be tagged 0.97 to
be released in 0.98?

Nicolas
On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 9:10 PM, Stack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I will branch this weekend.  The branch will be called 0.95 rather than
> 0.96.  The notion -- suggested in the past and brought up again at this
> weeks dev powwow --  is that we'll put out a 0.95.0 soon and mark it
> not-for-production use so folks have something to try early.  We might do
> more 0.95.x releases than just the one.  We did something similar with the
> 0.89 set of releases that preceded 0.90.
>
> When we think APIs and wire-format sufficiently stabilized, we'll then cut
> a 0.96 from the 0.95 branch and release 0.96.0, etc., from here on out.
>
> You all good w/ this?
> Yours,
> St.Ack

+