HDFS >> mail # dev >> hsync is too slower than hflush

hsync is too slower than hflush
Hi, all. Hadoop support hsync which would call fsync of system after 2.0.2. I have tested the performance of hsync() and hflush() again and again, but I found that the hsync call() everytime would spent nearly 50ms while the hflush call() just spent 2ms. In this slide(http://www.slideshare.net/enissoz/hbase-and-hdfs-understanding-filesystem-usage Page 18), the author mentions that hsync() is 2x slower than hflush(). So, is anything wrong? Thank you very much and looking forward to your help.

--
Best Regards,
Haosong Huang