Hadoop >> mail # user >> JobSubmissionFiles: past , present, and future?

+
Jay Vyas 2013-04-12, 11:11
Re: JobSubmissionFiles: past , present, and future?
To update on this, it was just pointed out to me by matt farrallee
that the auto fix of permissions is for a failsafe
in case of a race condition, and not meant to mend bad permissions in all cases:

https://github.com/apache/hadoop-common/commit/f25dc04795a0e9836e3f237c802bfc1fe8a243ad

Something to keep in mind - if you see the "fixing staging permissions" error message alot
Then there might be a more systemic problem in your fs... At least, that was the case for us.