Accumulo, mail # dev - [VOTE] Accumulo Instamo Archetype 1.4.4

Re: [VOTE] Accumulo Instamo Archetype 1.4.4
Josh Elser 2013-09-19, 15:28
On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 11:15 AM, Christopher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 10:22 AM, Josh Elser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 10:15 AM, Christopher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> >
> >> -0 For no source tarball (zip only).
> >>

> > Looking back at some old releases, is the best practice to make a source
> > tarball (which contains the same stuff as the source-release zip the
> apache
> > parent pom provides) and throw that up on people.apache.org?
>
> No, the assembly descriptor defined in the parent pom should be able
> to create zip only or tarball and zip by setting the property
> "sourceReleaseAssemblyDescriptor" to the value
> "source-release-zip-tar" (in conjunction with the apache parent POM).
>

> >> Also, the POM could be simplified a bit if the parent POM was updated
> >> to the latest version (not a blocker for this vote, but something to
> >> keep in mind for future releases).
> >>

> > Updated to the latest version of.. ?
>
> http://s.apache.org/latest-apache-pom
>
> Currently: 13
> Some versions are out of date in that, though... like you may want to
> continue to override the apache-rat plugin version.

Ahh, you are a wealth of information. I must have been reading a document
somewhere because I saw version 10 was referenced so I assumed it was the
most recent.

> >> FYI. You can configure maven-release-plugin to not push by default.
> >> That way, you can manually push the branch, without the tag... and
> >> just reference the sha1 rather than the tag name, in the call for the
> >> vote. After the vote passes, anybody can tag the specified commit id
> >> with the final tag name.
> >>

> > The dryRun option? I hadn't thought about enforcing that by default, but
> > that's a good idea and would prevent others from falling into the same
> pit
> > that I did :)
>
> Not dryRun; pushChanges = false.
> (
> http://maven.apache.org/maven-release/maven-release-plugin/prepare-mojo.html#pushChanges
> ).
> However, I haven't tested this yet. It may only apply to the prepare
> goal, not the perform goal.

Ok, I'll try to poke around with this.