HBase, mail # user - Re: how to stop datanode

Re: how to stop datanode
Harsh J 2012-05-17, 02:02
Two ways:

1. To close all DNs, use hadoop-daemons.sh (notice the plural). Doing
hadoop-daemons.sh stop datanode will stop all datanodes listed in
slaves file.
2. To close an individual DN, ssh the command on the specific box.
{{ssh dnbox01 hadoop-daemon.sh stop datanode}}.

--
Harsh J