Sqoop, mail # dev - Getting ready for sqoop 1.4.1-incubating

Getting ready for sqoop 1.4.1-incubating
Arvind Prabhakar 2012-01-13, 07:16
Dear Sqoop Developers,

The release of Sqoop 1.4.0-incubating was a big first step towards better
availability of the project. Although this release does work with
Cloudera's CDH3 version of Hadoop, there is considerable interest in
getting Sqoop to work with 0.20.205, 0.23.1, and 1.0.0 releases of Hadoop.
Some of this work is already completed and the remaining in progress with
the help of various contributors and committers.

We are now at a point where we need to plan for the next release - version
1.4.1-incubating, which will allow support for the popular distributions of
Hadoop including the ones stated above. For doing this we need someone to
assume the responsibility of being the Release Manager and drive this
towards successful completion.

The RM will be responsible for:
* Identifying/triaging JIRAs that will go into the target release
* Drive the commits of all the pending changes
* Drive all aspects of the release from source tagging to final vote and
announcement.

If you would like to fill this role, please volunteer and help out the
project!

Thanks,
Arvind Prabhakar