Pig >> mail # user >> pig cookbook

I was just working on a pig script to group some data by a field and then generate percentages for each group.  Without windowing functions at my disposal,  I wound up using a group by on the field for the numerator, a group all for the denominator, and a cross to pull them together.

Afterward, I found myself wanting to drop that snippet somewhere that other folks could use it, or (even better) to have found a snippet in the first place and not had to write it!

So I was thinking it'd be great to have a "pig cookbook" online with common operations that people do with pig.  Does anything like that exist yet?  If not, where would be a good place for it?

Best,
Doug
+
Daniel Dai 2011-11-10, 08:34