Accumulo, mail # user - Retrieving 0 rows from Accumulo using Pig

+
Chris Sigman 2013-01-23, 13:59
+
Billie Rinaldi 2013-01-24, 18:38
Re: Retrieving 0 rows from Accumulo using Pig
Chris Sigman 2013-01-24, 18:43
Thanks Billie, that did it! I didn't know what that was from the
readme that came with the accumulo-pig contrib, so I just kept it
there.  Thanks everyone for the help!

--
Chris
On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 1:38 PM, Billie Rinaldi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 5:59 AM, Chris Sigman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> I've recently been trying to get the pig contrib project working, and
>> as far as I can tell I have it all set up correctly, but when pig
>> executes the job, it shows 0 rows loaded from the table, even though
>> there's 50K rows in the table.  I used the helloworld example to
>> populate a hellotable.  The load line I'm using in Pig is
>>
>> DATA = LOAD
>> 'accumulo://hellotable?instance=myinst&password=mypass&zookeepers=namenode&columns=f:cnt'
>> using org.apache.accumulo.pig.AccumuloStorage() AS (row, cf, cq, cv,
>> s, val);
>

> I think the "&columns=f:cnt" part of the URL is specifying a column
> family:column qualifier to fetch.  If you loaded the data with the
> helloworld example, its columns are of the form "colfam:colqual_#".  I think
> you should just be able to remove "&columns=f:cnt" from the statement and it
> will scan all columns.
>
> Billie
>

>> Thanks,
>> --