Hive >> mail # user >> why i get Table not found 'dual'

Re: why I get Table not found 'dual'
That way works but if someone accidentally adds a second row or
deletes the first row dual stops working right.

This was why I wrote dual input format. It always works right
regardless if the table has data.

Edward

On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 12:09 PM, Sunderlin, Mark
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I creates a single column, single row table called 'dual'
>

> 1.      Create a text file on HDFS, call it a.txt with just the letter 'a' (or any single character in it)
> 2.      Create the single column table, dual: 'create table dual (x, string);'
> 3.      Load the text file into dual: load data local inpath '... /a.txt' overwrite into table dual;  (replace '...' with the path to the HDFS directory you created a.txt in)
> 4.      Enjoy using it just like you do in Oracle: select parse_url('http://autos.aol.com/gallery/best-trucks-fuel-economy/', 'HOST') from dual
>
> A quick AOL search and I see this guy did pretty much the same:
>
> http://bigdatadw.blogspot.com/2012/02/dual-table-in-hive.html
>
> ---
> Mark E. Sunderlin
> Solutions Architect |AOL Core Data Technologies
> P: 703-265-6935     |C: 540-327-6222 | AIM: MESunderlin
> 22000 AOL Way | Dulles, VA | 20166

>>> fellowtree