Hadoop >> mail # dev >> [VOTE] Release Hadoop 0.21.0 (candidate 0)

Re: [VOTE] Release Hadoop 0.21.0 (candidate 0)
I downloaded the "combined" tarball of 0.21.0-rc0 and set it up as a
pseudo-distributed Hadoop cluster.

Everything seems to work; basic smoke tests pass. Did not run internal unit
tests. I tested Sqoop 1.0.0 against this release. All sqoop unit tests pass.
Sqoop can operate on the command-line as a "normal" Hadoop application
against 0.21.0 successfully as long as MAPREDUCE-1920 is applied (or the
appropriate configuration changes are made in mapred-site.xml).

The other problem I found is that build-utils.xml is missing which prevents
recompilation.

I am a (nonbinding) +1 to this release candidate along with modifications to
include MR-1920 and fix the missing build-utils.xml issue.

- Aaron