Hadoop >> mail # general >> [DISCUSS] Hive as TLP

Re: [DISCUSS] Hive as TLP
Hive seems a distinct developer community from Hadoop and thus deserves
to be a separate project.  It has made releases and appears to have met
the requirements expected of a TLP.  3+ organizations are represented on
its PMC, so while diversity is a concern, there seems to be a will to
address this going forward, so I feel a detour through the Incubator is
not required.

http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html#Graduating+from+the+Incubator

Doug